From:
Jim Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:46:33 -0500
Subject: How to Fix Master Boot Record
I have an IBM Aptiva running Windows 98SE.  I tried to set up a dual boot
with Windows98 on HD 1 and Linux on  HD 2.
Contrary to my intentions, Suse Linux installed the Linux boot loader GRUB,
on the Master Boot Record
of HD 1.  The installation would not complete (this is a secondary problem)
and would not let me boot to my Win98SE on HD 1.
I tried many things finally running the Restore 95 disk.  On booting it
still replies "GRUB loading stage 1.5 ..
Please wait, Error 21"   Novell Linux refuses to help with fixing my Windows
disk.  How do I fix the Master Boot Record,
assuming that is the problem.  Fortunately, I removed my HD 1 and replaced
it with an older one before attempting the
Linux installation but I would like to get my HD working.  I will take up
the Linux installation problem later with Novell.
Jim Cooley   [log in to unmask]

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com