From:
"Joseph H. Bishop" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 07:54:40 -0400
Art Sauder wrote:

> I'm interested in knowing from peoples experience what the maximum distance
> Or does it mean that max
> distance between any two machines on the network is 100m ?

  the distance between any two machines can be greater than 300ft,,however the
distance from the machine to the hub should be no longer than 300ft.    the
distance between hubs should be kept at the absolute minimum...you cannot link
hubs with cat 5 at a distance of
300ft...... I have one network that I installed that has stacked hubs with 70
machines.. and a remote location 600ft  away I have additional hubs for 100
machines... however the remote hubs are connected by fiber optic network,,, not
cat5 cable.
Hope this will assist you in your planning
Joe Bishop
PuterDoc