From:
Chuck Hassenplug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 10:32:28 -0700
 The other day I was messing around with the Event Viewer for application in Windows 2000. It keeps track of all the errors that have occurred on your system. I was surprised to find that the majority of them (almost one a  day) were connected with Perfdisk. Looking at the properties of the errors, I found the following message:
Unable to read the disk performance information from the system. Disk performance counters must be enabled for at least one physical disk or logical volume in order for these counters to appear. Disk performance counters can be enabled by using the Hardware Device Manager property pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.

It seems these counters can be enabled to stop the errors, but I have been unable to figure out how and where to enable them. Does anyone have any experience with this problem/solution, or know how to fix it? It hink these errors are related to a spontaneous reboot problem I have been having. Thank you,

Chuck Hassenplug

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>