From:
"Mark C. Barron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:23:42 +0900
At 6/19/98 04:28, you wrote:
>Fortunately, I was just quoting the Maxtor FAQ, rather than speaking from
>experience.

Two quite different things :)

>If you had ONLY a 450MB hard drive in your system, I'm not sure you could
force
>it to use FAT32, because I don't think FDISK would give you the option.  But
>when it is an additional drive in a system that already has a drive larger
than
>512MB, FDISK does give you the option of enabling FAT32. Consequently, if you
>repartition a small drive after you have enabled FAT32, it should (and
>obviously, in your case is) be a FAT32 drive. And it sounds like that
holds true
>for small partitions on a large drive in general.  (Note: the above only
applies
>to systems using Win95B or later. FAT32 is not an option for Win95A or
earlier.)

Actually, what I have is a 6.4G drive partitioned down into 2 450M Boot
Partitions (one for Win95 (FAT32) and one for Win31(FAT16)), then two more
partitions, one 4.3G (FAT32) and the last about 900M (FAT16)

I just guess you can't trust everything you read in the manuals ;-)

Mark