From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 21:25:28 -0700
That sounds like a possible solution.  I'll reload the defaults and see what
happens.  What mystifies me is that it worked, I did nothing and changed
nothing, and it didn't work.  But since nothing else has worked, I'll give
it a try.  This A drive is not returnable.  I bought a new one, and when it
didn't work I just took it back the same day.  The one I have came with this
machine nearly 4 years ago, and is on its third mobo.  It worked with the
original LX440, then with an Asus P3V4X, and this problem is with a new
(5/12) Tyan Trinity 400 S1854.  It worked from day 1 just fine until a few
days ago.  I'll let you know if loading the defaults works.  Thanks, Joel

I once had a brand new ABIT BX2 rev2 motherboard that had floppy problems.
It would work perfectly in DOS or SafeMode but refused to work in Windows
despite the lack of any error messages. I finally gave up trying to sort it
out and was given a RMA number by the vendor. In a last attempt I cleared
the BIOS with a jumper ...loaded defaults...rebooted ...setup the BIOS and
the floppy has worked correctly ever since.

Try loading BIOS defaults...better yet clear your BIOS with a jumper and
then load defaults. If there is a new BIOS available you might want to
consider a flash update.

Mark Rode
The NOSPIN Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,