From:
Doctor Data <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:45:07 -0500
Hi Byron,
In a company, I feel that in any case, a server is the real way to go, and
in the end is not only time, but cost effective as well, especially with
five or more workstationsI may be wrong, but I believe that only in a tcpip
server environment sharing an access database will work correctly,  (ie, two
or more users accessing it at the same time).  Also in an office
environment, he should be backing up his data on a regular basis.  If he
plans on doing this on a workstation where someone will be working, he'll
only be asking for trouble.  Printing will also be much simpler as you won't
have users running back and forth to other people's workstations to pick up
their documents.  Those are only a few of the advantages.  As far as
disadvantages, those only lie in having a peer to peer network.  I would
tell him to go ahead with a server.
Regards,
Bill Ades
Doctor Data Technology Solutions, inc.