Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:30:59 EST
In a message dated 01/17/2000 12:01:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> My ISP is trying to convince me that the Lucent-based LT modems are
>  > more reliable and connect better than a USR hardware (not winmodem)
modem.
>  > He says that the LT modems connect at 56K **all** the time.
I have had nothing but problems with LT modems. I have had 2 that were dead
out of the box. My feeling is that they are cheaply made and vastly inferior
to USR modems, of which I have had no problems. Some ISP's use cheaper LT
technology and so try to convince their customers to do the same,  probably
because of compatibility problems if the user is dialing in on a USR modem.

Phillip Haveard

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html