From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 18:52:18 -0500
At 01:31 PM 03/18/2001 Stephen Hager wrote:

>       I am in posession of a Pac Hell Legend 100CD (P-66
>24Mb Ram,428 Mb. HD, seperate sound and modem cards.)
>Windows is badly corrupted  ... Boot disks always fail
>to find the CD. It is attached to the sound card....

Steve

You have a PC of a vintage where cdrom drives on sound cards were
proprietary, and needed a unique software driver or interface or both. What
is the make and model of your cdrom and sound card?

Download the cdrom documentation and drivers from the cdrom drive maker. Go
to the cdrom maker's web site, else PB, or try driverzone.com....  You may
also have to load the sound card drivers with a switch to enable the
onboard cdrom interface.

You have to get real mode (DOS) drivers loaded if you are re-installing
windows, then load the win drivers.

HTH...

John Chin