From:
Justin Marzello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:27:12 -0600
I'm having a bit of tech problems with my new set up here. It's a wierd problem and no one can seem to help me. Maybe one of you would be able to. I'll start off with my specs.
1.4G AMD Athlon (not XP)
Abit KR7A-RAID Mainboard
512MB PC2100 CAS 2
WD 40gig 7200rpm HDD
GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
LinkSys Fast Ethernet 10/100 NC100U v.2
No Sound Card

Here's what has happend 3 times now.
Install Win XP, head over to via site and install the via 4in1s, reboot, download and install DirectX 9, reboot, download and install Geforce drivers, reboot. Everything's working fine at this point. So I start installing my software/games, ect. Somewhere during this process of installing software and downloading software my monitor will just turn off. My system is still running, fans going, but no display. So I reboot. Now when it gets to the windows loading screen I get a big blue screen. Three diffrent times, three diffrent errors. They are all close though. Says something like Error booting: STOP and then some memory address. A short message saying to reboot and if that doesn't work unisntall new hardware, and a few other suggestions. One of the errors was like STOP_IRQ_BLAH_BLAH (2x0000000000 etc) so I tried changing the IRQ ports. I've tryed WinXP Win2000 and WinLonghorn. Scaned HDD with no errors, took out a stick of ram. I'm not sure what's causing this, though it always seems to happen while on the internet. I've played online games (Dark Age of Camelot) with no problems, but while surffing guru3d.com it happend. And everytime in the end i'm forced to reinstall windows.

Other info, 37c case temp, 45c CPU temp, 7200rpm fan speed

My thoughts/Questions:
Bad RAM?
Could this be the NIC card?
Hard drive problem?