From:
Dave Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 08:16:26 -0500
We have about 80 of the Profile-3s on campus. The failure rate on these has
been higher than any other PC we have ever used. About 10% of them failed to
boot right out of the box. We have had numerous hard drive and MB failures
since the original installation. I have 2 units with bad hard drives and 1
with a bad MB in my office right now. The overall failure rate we have
experienced on these machines is approaching 30%.

Powering a PC off and back on should not cause it to self destruct.