From:
John Clemence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 2009 21:24:41 +0100
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. After originally reading the suggestion to download
Malwarebytes, I googled it and took a link from there – unfortunately I didn’t
make a note of the url so I can’t warn others of the particular rogue web
site.

I believe I have successfully un-installed it and, thanks to your web
address Vandervoort, I have now installed the correct free version. It was
able to update and scan, finding about 12 threats which it removed. Great
program.

As always, thanks for taking the time to answer these questions, it is
really appreciated.

Kind regards,

John.

From: John Clemence <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, August 02, 2009 11:02 pm
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi,
I am always interested in the replies to peoples problems and tried to
download "Malwarebytes" as advised by a contributer. The program claimed
be free and installed ok, I updated and ran a scan. It then claimed to
have
found some 300 issues and directed me to register before the issues
could be
fixed - they then wanted 39.50 to register.
Is this a scam? how can they claim to be free and then demand money?
Any advice would be very welcome - also any hints on free malware
removeal.
Regards,
John.

                     visit our download web page at: