Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2013 08:36:44 -0700
  A couple of years ago, my main Windows desktop got thoroughly trashed
by a virus, which I *believe* arrived via a scripted email.  Since then,
I've used Thunderbird on Ubuntu to read my personal email and have had
no repeat of the problem.
  I have, however, got two problems relating to this that I hope someone
can help me with:

1.  I now have collections of messages sitting in Thunderbird on three
different machines, with an extensive structure of folders 85-95%
duplicated across all three.  How can I move the two smaller collections
and merge them into the larger "main" one?

2.  I used to rely on an ISP that routinely corrupted data packets, and
as a result the database used for software updates on that machine is
apparently corrupted.  Opening Update Manager on that machine gets me an
error message that suggests I open a bug case -- it assumes I know where
and how to do that.  Is there some way I can "reset" the local database?
 Now that I have an ISP that works, downloading and installing some
updates that I already have shouldn't be a problem.

David Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml