From:
Tim Lider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 19:12:07 -0700
Hello Nicolas Cure, at 07:02 PM 7/11/98 -0400 you wrote:

>I am planning to build a new computer and I have trouble figuring out
>which type of SCSI card to buy. I have a UMAX scanner and I plan to buy
>a SCSI hard drive and zip drive. I would like to put them on one SCSI
>card but I don't know what type of SCSI card I need.

>If someone can explain the difference and which one I should use I would
>appreciate it.

  I would only recommend two SCSI cards.  Both of these cards are PCI. The
Diamond FirePort 40 and Adaptec AHA-2940/AHA3940.

For the Diamond FirePort 40 checkout:
http://www.diamondmm.com/products/current/fireport40.cfm

For the Adaptec 2940/3940 checkout:
http://www.adaptec.com/products/overview/aha2940uw.html

Good luck in your search,

Tim Lider
Advanced Data Solutions              ICQ: 7562541
Web Site: http://www.adv-data.com E-Mail: Mailto:[log in to unmask]