From:
Ryo Imamura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:55:06 -0800
Our new AMD 333 Mhz system finally arrived on Monday evening.  We were so
disappointed when it failed to boot up.  Nada on the screen.  After
checking all connections to no avail, we began fiddling with the
innards.  Detached and reattached the cables.  Still nothing.  Then we
found the culprit.  The video card was not seated deeply enough.  After
reseating the video card, it ran beautifully.  But we noticed that the
video card would come loose whenever we screwed in the attachment screw.
After the computer aborted a few times, we noticed that all of the
adapter cards had the same problem - not seated properly when they were
screwed in fully.  So now we are running the system without any of the
adapter cards screwed in.  Is there a simple fix?  We would hate to send
the system back just for this problem.  I guess the fit between mbs and
cases is not always perfect.

Ryo Imamura

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html