From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:23:13 -0500
Have you looked in device manager to see if the hub is sharing an Interrupt Request (IRQ) with another device?  In most cases it will show that there is a conflict.  Does the hub have an AC adapter for being self-powered.  You are running a lot of stuff from it for the bus to be powering it.  You may need to use the AC adapter if you aren't already.

>Hi there
>
>I've got a small 4 port USB hub that plugs into one of the USB ports on my PC. At the moment I have a digital camera/webcam and my Epson printer connected via this.
>
>The problem is that although it works fine initially, it appears to stop working and my system fails to recognise it after it has been connected for a while.
>
>If I plug the equipment directly into the ports on the PC, there are no problem, so the ports are working fine, just when I add the equipment via this hub. On disconnecting and re-connecting, it works again, for a while!!
>
>This is the second hub to have this problem (different makes each one) so all I can presume is that it's something else.
>
>The PC spec is:
>1.6GHz AMD K6 Processor
>256Mb RAM
>Windows XP Professional O/S
>
>Any advice would be appreciated.
>
>Best regards,     Pete Sowerby...........
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.