From:
Paul Ecclestone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 00:17:01 -0400
It has been suggested to me that I should post a solution when I get it - so here
goes.  The problem was an old computer would not accept Windows 95 even
though it had it before.  It hung on the initial reboot no matter what I did (including a
complete reformatting of the drive).  It got stuck when it came to looking for
hardware (which there is very little of).  The one suggestion I got was to turn off the
cache.  I did - it worked like a charm.  Upon getting by the initial setup I turned on
the cache again and it worked great.  I will add that the cache on a slow computer
(486 with Pentium 100 upgrade) makes a HUGE difference on the performance.

Regards,
Paul Ecclestone

Success comes in cans, failure in can'ts

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml