From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:26:42 -0500
The only issue I know is the lack of a true OpenGL ICD.  I believe they are using a
"wrapper" right now directing OpenGL calls to DirectX functions.  There are beta
versions of the ICD available, with varying degrees of success.  This only matters
if you want to use OpenGL programs or some games, Quake2 being the most notable
game.  If you're not in need of OpenGL support and can accept "moderate" 3D
performance the G200 is a very good card.

miron dumitrescu wrote:

> Is there anything bad I should be aware of before buying a Matrox Millenium
> G200 card? As far as I already know, it delivers supreme quality in both 2D and
> 3D, excellent 2D performance but the 3D speed i not very convincing.
> I have a MVP3 Super 7 motherboard, so I'm not so sure it would work as good as
> it can.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org