From:
Sue Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:31:12 -0500
Hi there,

Here is a really silly question.
I have a Gateway tower.
type is g6-400
Pentium 2
Manufactured in 1998

I had to take off the main panel, the hand held large screws, which easily turn and u can open the machine and see inside and move the ribbons about and add memory and all that; however, I need to go to the other side so that I can take out a cd-rom that is not working It is attached to the gate which is attached to the metal wall on the other side. The problem is I cant unscrew the regular screws.  I Used a regular screw driver, an electric one, put graphite on them,
even used a fishing tool similar to a clamp to try to turn it from the edges of the screw.  These are not hex screws, rather they are tork scres so they ared smooth and are flush to the machine.  I know this is a problemot this one tower
, as I have  been successful with an identical towe in the past

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>