From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:31:46 -0700
Dianne wrote:
>I went to the BIOS and disable the "System BIOS cacheable", and I disabled
>the "Video Bios Shadow".  I rebooted, and reformatted the hard drive to
>ntfs
>There was only one partition, so I used that one.
>This time it allowed me to get to approximately the same point in the setup
>download before it told me:COM+ SETUP ERROR Sub component Com+ raised an
>exception while processing the OC_COMPLETE_INSTALLATION setup message
>d:\nt\com\com1x\src\complussetup\csetuputil.cpp (line 3429)
>Error Code = 0x800705aa
>INSUFFICIENT SYSTEM RESOURCES TO COMPLETE THE REQUESTED SERVICE. FAILED TO
>EXECUTE FUNCTION Dllregisterserver() in c:Windows\system32\es.dll

Hello Dianne:
Wow, same place different message. Hmmm, this is one of those drive you
crazy kind of problems that keeps me up late at night trying to figure it
out.

Let's do some basics. First, (this may seem silly) look at the CD and see if
there are any finger prints or goop on the underside. This is a one in a
million but has happened to me and others. If the disk has a finger print or
smudge on it, it can't be read and will throw an error message. There are
times a disk will install a dozen times and then there will be that one time
the CD Drive can't read it for whatever reason. This might indicate that the
disk may be bad because the device can't read from it. The longtime
knowledgeable people of this list will attest to that fact. It may be remote
but it is possible. Troubleshooting an installation error can be
frustrating. There may be no simple solution or cure. Trial and error come
into play here.

Second, in the BIOS did you disable the onboard sound? I have to assume here
that you have built in components. You never said. This is another
possibility. You indicated you did disable the, "System BIOS cacheable and
the video BIOS Shadow". Well, I think we can eliminate those for now. Again,
if you have onboard sound disable it and on a remote chance, also disable
the plug and play feature too while you're at it. This is another remote
possibility.

Third, it is possible that a stick of memory may be bad. I would swap slots,
run only one if possible install another stick or two of new memory. I would
plan to increase the RAM to bring the system up to 512 or one gig. I know it
says that XP can run on less. In theory it does, in the real world due to
the complexities of systems, it may not. The OS installation loads into
memory where it runs. The OS will create what is known as a RAM Disk for
this purpose and it does consume a chunk of real estate.

Another possibility is there may be a virus lurking in the MBR. (Master Boot
Record) At this point I am guessing however, I would do an FDISK, wipe out
the MBR and replace it with a fresh copy. This again is a guess at best due
to the fact I don't have your system in front of me. I've had to do this
when all else I knew failed for whatever reason. However, I did find this
little tidbit that may help; "Error code: 800705AA INSUFFICIENT SYSTEM
RESOURCES TO COMPLETE THE REQUESTED SERVICE- This may occur if the system is
infected by the MSBlaster or LoveSAN Internet worm. Sigh this is sometimes
not much fun.

Another possibility is; "Boot from the windows XP CD, press the "R" key in
the setup in order to start the restoration console. Select your windows XP
installation from the list, and enter the administrator password.
Enter the command: "FIXMBR" (without the quotes) at the input prompt and
confirm the next question with a "Y" (without the quotes). Use exit to
restore the computer"

In this last part there is an indication that the error is coming at the
3429 line of the install process. At least we know where it is and now have
to determine if there is a fix or workaround. Something is corrupt and you
may have to completely wipe out the drive as suggested above. When these
times come for me, I sometimes have to resort to drastic measures in order
to correct unknown problems.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers