From:
Robert Decker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:41:32 -0400
I have two year old HP 1120CSE Color Ink Jet printer which has performed
quite well but will not handle HP Glossy Photo paper without various degrees
of skewing when attempting to make a full 8-1/2" x 11" print either for a
full size photo or a composite of smaller photos filling the page.  Tried
both straight thru channel and regular roll over feeder, --several times,
also various software and mechanical lever thickness settings for heavier
paper.   Have mostly avoided problem by using non-glossy premium white with
no problem, but would like to print glossy on some occasions. Believe the
condition has existed since it was new, but have worked around it by size
reductions and croppping finished prints to square sides.
   Would really like to correct condition if possible.  Have 4 yr
Ship-in-Service contract with Office Max which I purchased in a moment of
weakness along with the printer, but am leery of sending it off,  with so
many tales of being worse when returned, ( not necessarily by Office
Max--just general experience).  Anyway have been accustomed to fixing all my
own stuff of whatever variety for many years.  So my questions are:
 a.  Anybody know how to get into this plastic case without  busting some of
the presumably snap together retainers,  practically nothing seems screwed
together?
b.  Any one with experience on adjusting rollers or possibly removing glaze
if such there should be?
c.  Anybody have good experience with Office Max repairs?
d.  Any other advice and good words for accomplishing desired results.

Bob Decker

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>