From:
"g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 2009 14:25:59 -0500
A friend of mine had Best Buy put in a new primary hard drive for her and asked me to help her install the XP OS.   When we started the install, I discovered that all she had was an UPGRADE CD of XP SP1 and needed to install Windows 2000 first.

The Win2000 install stopped while "installing devices" which I think were keyboard and mouse, but the screen went blank and displayed a very small blue window that said only "Out of Range"

At this point I rebooted with XP SP1 Upgrage and it went to the same point with the same error window.  I'm wondering if Win2000 and XP SP1 will accomodate a disk size above 120GB??  I know XP SP2 will, but I'm not sure about SP1.

Should Best Buy have adjusted something in her BIOS to accomodate the larger drive?  It apparently formatted and partitioned ok, from all I could tell.

Thanks,
Anna Summers