From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:18:41 -0500
I wish it were that easy.  I do not have an autoexec.bat or config.sys
file.  The video mode is changed even at the post screens, before getting
to searching for boot sectors (and therefore the config and autoexec
files).  It seems that the video card has the startup or default mode
stored in it.  I was thinking that I might have to go into DOS mode and set
the video mode via command line and then shut down to see if that would
make it stick as the boot default.  As it is I can't see a lot of the post
information since it is off screen.  Any other ideas?

Doug

At 3/10/01 09:38 AM, John Chin wrote:

  You have to check the C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT and C:\CONFIG.SYS files. These are
usually the files that get amended when you load an old DOS-only game. The
game manual should tell you what statements are added in one or both of the
files.