From:
Thomas Harold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:05:50 -0400
Harold Thomas wrote:
> Hi, I don't know if I did something, or if one of the MS updates is
> messing with me; but when I click a video link to bring up the
> windows media viewer, it will pop-up for approx 1 to 2 secs and then
> disappear.  I have tried everything I know including disabling pop-up
> blockers, all anti-spyware, and even my ZoneAlarm.  Nothing helps.  I
> even tried IE7, but it does the same thing.  I can't even watch the
> video about the changes in IE7. If the link brings up the full
> version of Windows Media Player it works fine.  But if the window
> version is called, that's when I have the problem.  Can anyone help
> me?

Other then uninstalling / reinstalling every piece of multi-media
related software you can find on the system.  Including uninstalling and
re-installing any codecs (if you have any).  It sounds like something
could have mucked around in your registry and now IE is confused about
what application is supposed to handle video for you.

The trick is to figure out what piece of software needs to be
uninstalled / reinstalled.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com