From:
Matthew Wulfman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 22:43:41 -0700
This project should start with a surf over to

http://www5.compaq.com/support/files/desktops/us/
with your exact model number because proprietary drivers are quite
likely and you may have to have them onhand before trying the reinstall.

Compaq's in more recent times have had something called a "diagnostic
partition", a smallish primary partition physically located before the
actuall primary partition you've experienced as the C: drive.  This
"diagnostic partition" is accessed by pressing F10 when a small white
square appears on your screen quite early in the boot sequence.  So,
regardless of whether this particular system has one, F10 might be your
"open Sesame"

Bonne Chance!
Matthew