Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:41:49 -0800
If you suspect the modem, how about exchanging modems to confirm or
eliminate the modem as the problem? Have you logged onto to the router to
see what it reports as the status of connections? You might also initiate a
diagnostic on the router when it is not working. I have had connections lost
on my own system and would run the router diagnostic routines - this would
re-establish connectivity.

You did not say if your local wireless network functions when you lose
connectivity to the Internet. If the local network connection between
computers works but not the Internet, then you need to concentrate on the
ISP to router interface. If the local network stops working as well, then
you have other issues to look into.

Peter