From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 01:13:22 -0700
I just finished installing an Epson 740 on a new computer, and found out
quite a bit in the process. That particular model comes with both parallel
port and USB port capability built in (or at least the one I purchased did).

I had some problems in getting it hooked up, so I found myself wandering the
Epson FAQ's. For the Epsons, at least, the question of which printers are
capable of using parallel-to-USB converters varies according to printer
model. And it did appear that the models capable of handling such conversion
did have to have Epson USB drivers to allow it (I found some of the USB
drivers on the website, but not many). And the revision of USB on the
motherboard makes a difference, too. There were a lot of factors to take
into account, at least for the Epsons.

Roxanne Pierce

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>