From:
David Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:46:13 +0200
Dear Robert,

You have various options.

However, at this stage, your primary concern is the 16 GB of data, and not
the drive itself.

Remove that Maxtor drive, put it back into the external case, and copy the
data to your primary (internal) drive.

After that, you can follow the guidelines that will be provided by other
subscribers to this group, or else you can just format the Maxtor drive.

(If you cannot copy the data to the primary drive after removing the Maxtor
drive, then something changed or was damaged in that drive while installing
it in the computer).

David Grossman

> Is there a way to fix this so I can copy the data to the pr
> imary drive, and either reformat or replace the Maxtor drive?
>
> Thanks!
> Robert Bishop

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com