From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:56:19 -0300
One way that I use and has worked without fail is to remove the keyboard and
wait for the system to notice.  Keyboard Error, Press F1 (or something else)
to continue.  You should also see another key listed to go into setup.
Another way is  to disconnect the hard drives, you will get similiar
options.

Howard Rubin
The Computer Doctor
Fortaleza, Brazil

RE:  Date:    Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:46:08 EST
From:    [log in to unmask]
Subject: Compaq ProLinea 5100 CMOS

I need to find out how to get to the CMOS of a Compaq ProLinea 5100.  I have
tried pressing the F10 key as the computer boots up and it simply "beeps" at
me and the message "keyboard error" comes up.  It then proceeds to boot up
Windows 95.  At one time I had a download program which let me go to the
CMOS but
have lost it and cannot get it now that HP has taken over Compaq.  Is there
way I can get to the CMOS of my computer without the F10 key?

Roger Nicholson

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com