From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:28:56 -0400
Yes, in two ways.  I have used a USB1.1 box that operated at just USB1.1
speeds.  My latest case is for USB2, but if I connect it to my USB 1.1 port
it will just drop back to that speed (it does give me a warning message
that my speed will be slower).  It works just the same with all the data
there, just slower.

The speed difference is significant too.  If you can afford to add in a
USB2 PCI or PCMCIA card, you will be happier (my laptop USB2 PCCARD was
US$22.).

Doug

from Victor Gobert [log in to unmask]

>I would like to know if that system works with USB 1
>Thanks to answer
>
> > At 6/14/2003 06:45 AM, Ultra wrote:
> >
> > >There is a better way to achieve what you want without paying the over
> > >priced external hard drives.
> > >
> > >The solution is easy, just buy an external hard drive case, they are
>priced
> > >at reasonable level, and provide both USB2 and Firewire interface.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com