From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:50:31 -0700
William -- I would proceed on the assumption that there was, indeed, a problem
with my memory.  I have always found it is better to be cautious when dealing
with something as capricious as computers.

Himem.sys, by definition, deals with high memory -- the memory above the first
MB of memory in your RAM bank.

With RAM so cheap these days, I'd do one of two things -- go buy some
replacement memory in the configuration needed for your board and swap it all,
or take all the old out and take it to someplace in town that has a memory
tester, and ask them to test it.

In any case, if one of the modules is bad, I'd replace all of them on the theory
that matched memory modules get along with themselves better than mismatched
memory.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]