From:
Mark Spaziano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 04:27:10 -0700
Hello All.

I am working on this computer for my wife's friend.
She is running Windows 2000 with a 3 gig hard drive
and 32 mb memory.

She was complaining that it was slow.
I noticed that she had no anti-virus and no spyware
killer. I scaned and fixed those problems. Scanned and
defragged. Updated everything I could at the Windows
Update site.

I am slightly confused with the memory on this
computer. It is the same size as SDRAM, but the memory
modules itself on the stick look like EDO. The bios
says EDO. I tried putting in SDRAM and it beeped like
heck. Now the computer stops loading after that 6
second tine frame to get to the bios. I have left it
on for a half hour and still nothing.

Did I burn out the motherboard trying the SDRAM?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com