Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:44:58 -0500
The scammers who send out all that spam put web bugs in those things so that they know if you open it, if you reply (which is worse than trying to unsubscribe), or if you foolishly try to unsubscribe.  Please do not attribute any kind of human feelings to the subhumans who send out spam, trojans, and virii.  They do not care a whit about your privacy, about how much time you will have to waste cleaning up after their attacks, or how much it will cost you.

Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am copy/pasting a msg (with attachment) received by me with explanations:--
>
> From :  <[log in to unmask]>
>
>  Hotmail has permanently blocked the following potentially unsafe attachment(s): text.txt.scr (0.03 MB) More Info...
>
>msg:-I have attached your document
>
> Explanations:--
>
>Bob Punch is a very good friend of mine and his e-mail ID is

>itc.co.in is a very very reputable company in INDIA.
>
>My amazement is " how could one come so close and just put "3d" in front of a very trusted e-mail id and send me a virus."!!! I have to trust hotmail and in any case i do not open attachments without scanning/or known /trusted sources
>
>my question is if I copy /paste the whole thing (as I have done here for the list) and e-mail my friend by the " reply" feature will the real sender get any indication that I have tried to access his msg? (I am asking this question because of joseph marty's post "You gave them open season by clicking on unsubscribe" in response to header "Re: unwanted email") possibly this applies to "reply" too?
>

>oh by the way the msg was actually in my "junk mail" folder and I had it put in my inbox after seeing the sender hurriedly, and, but for hot mail block would have opened the attachment!
>
>TIA and happy holidays to all---Venkat

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads