From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 09:58:48 -0600
From: James Ruby :Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] dell inspiron 7500 and two
identical monitors

James,

I went out to Dell's web site and the specs on the Inspiron 7500 call for
the ATI-RageMobility P3D video controller with OpenGL and Dual display.
These drivers are supposed to allow you to attach a monitor and also use
your laptop screen at the same time.  I would go to their web site to
DellTalk ( http://delltalk.us.dell.com/ ), navigate to the Inspiron, click
on "Video" and post your  problem.  Make sure that you have your service tag
handy so that you can log in.  The current bios is A05 and the system Bios
also updates the bios for the video card.  There are new drivers which may
also help.  Did Dell ask you to run the video diagnostics?  The reason that
they probably asked about the CD ROM/ Floppy combo is that some people have
had problems with the DVD and CDRW combos and some programs. Sorry I
couldn't be of more help.

Mary Wolden

> I only have one adaptor installed.  I only have a cdrom that came with the
> machine and not a dvd drive if this would make a difference.  btw: the
> cdrom is one of them combo things with a floppy on it as well.  i mention
> this because a Dell support guy wanted to know, so just in case it would
> make a difference:).
>

> On 1/15/00 at 2:45 PM Mary Wolden wrote:
>

> >James,
> >
> >Do you also have identical display adapter, or 2 adapters showing up in
> >Device Manager?  Possibly you need to delete both the identical display
> >adapter, or second adapter and monitor to keep the second monitor from
> >coming back.
> >
> >Mary Wolden

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org