From:
"Darren K. Page" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 20:23:26 -0400
If my memory serves me right, fibre channel is a new type of SCSI interface.
A search of Adaptec's site turned up this:

Fibre Channel: High-speed, serial interface capable of supporting up to 100
MB/sec.

I beleive that you need a controller, cables, and as you already saw, a hard
drive that supports it.

You can also try searching IBM's website. My search turned up:
http://commerce.www.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=204031
6&cgmenbr=1&cntry=840&lang=en_US
Take a look at how $$ this stuff is!

I also found a long read that may shed some more light:
http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/products/fcss/wpaper.htm

Try searching some of the other hard drive manufacturer sites, you might
find more information there.
Hope this helps.

Darren K. Page
Montreal, Qc