From:
Adam Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:06:46 -0400
Hi everyone!

I have a Windows 95 laptop running with a network card. Today I found it
was not working. I loaded up 'device manager' it gave this error. This
device is not working properly, or does not have all the drivers
installed. See hardware documentation (code 10) I tried removing this
entry from the device manager. Restarted the machine, autodetected. and
bang same error.

The computer is a IBM Thinkpad. Model 380 -- 10U 2635. Immediately I went
to IBMs web site. I found a new driver, so I thought I would try that.
Successfully installed the driver, but I got the same error as stated
above. I tried reseating the pc cards and checking the cable connections.
Everything seemed just fine. Again turned the computer back on and got the
same error. Please note I didn't have any sort of conflicts with the card.
The entry in device manager for this network card is: IBM EtherJet PC
Card.

After a little while of thought, I moved the laptop to the room next door.
I plugged the laptop in as well as the network connection. The error
message in device manager disappeared! It clearly stated, "this device is
working." When I moved it back to its original office it went back to the
same error about code 10. <I was not concerned about getting the
Internet/Network apps working just the fact that the error disappeared
makes me think the network connection is broken>

After first I thought the network card might be broken. But in the above
paragraph it appears that the network connection is broken.

What do you think? Do you have any other ideas to try out?

Thanks in advance,

Adam.

| [log in to unmask]              [log in to unmask]  |
| web: http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/park/2835  |

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org