From:
"James E. Griffin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 19:43:12 -0400
Seems you've established that the problem is with a hardware conflict on
the Thinkpad 380. If the memory addresses, IRQ's or DMA's are assigned
in conflict, you'll get that message: Basically, Windows says something
else is there first.

Since only the ethernet was needed before, it may have been set up that
way. Has someone else set this system up, like a corporate MIS teckkie?
They may be your best bet if they're still available. That's what
they're paid for.

Assuming you have to do this yourself: Right click on "My Computer".
Look in the Device manager page of the System Dialog and note where the
conflict lies. Click on the conflict line, click "Properties" go to the
"Resources" page: at the bottom are a list of conflicts. Click "Change
Settings" and find some that don't conflictwith anything else.

This will solve the easy stuff. If this doesn't work, let me know,
there's 2 other more involved proceedures that can be done.

Best regards,
Jim Griffin

--
Prometheus was the first Beta Tester.
Sisyphus was the Corinthian Systems Administrator.