Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 01:06:28 -0700
Carmen-
What you have is a computer marketed by Fry Electronic's. GQ (Great Quality)
is their marketing trademark. I bought a model GQ3121 several months ago.
After trying out Linspire and deciding I didn't like it I wiped the HD,
partioned it and am dual booting  Win 98se and Win XP. Works great. Good
computer for $99.99.
These are assembled using standard readily available computer parts. Mine
has a ECS 741GX-M mobo w/ on board video and sound but also includes a AGP
slot should I decide to upgrade the video. You should have received a
Linspire users manual and a Motherboard manual for the mobo installed. There
should have been a Linspire recovery CD and a Mobo driver disk. Any
operating system you install will have to have the drivers on the driver
disk installed. The disk I rcvd just says "Motherboard Support CD". If you
didn't rcv a Mobo Manual/ Users Guide or drivers disk you will have to
identify your mobo and then go to the manufacturers web site and download
the manual and drivers.Look very closely at the mobo, usually along one edge
it will give the mfg's name and model no. Some companies put this info on
the side of one of the PCI sockets.You will need this info to properly setup
the computer.
The only thing I have found that didn't work well was the 56K modem. When I
bought mine the Fry salesman told me that he had heard these modems were
designed for Linux and did not work well under Windows. Mine worked but
would only connect at 28k or 32 kbps.I normally connect at 50 or 52.5 kbps.
I installed a win modem and it works great.
Hope yours works as well as mine.
Good Luck,
John Dinges

                     visit our download web page at: