From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:58:03 -0500
At 06:25 PM 03/12/2001 Ted Gamin wrote:

>       As part of my PC hardware class at the Local
>Community College, I have decided to research Plug and
>Play technology as my class project. Does anyone have
>any URL's to share with me on this topic?  So far my
>searches have only resulted in MS and Intel. . . .

Ted

You should be able to learn everything about PC PnP from the web sites of
those two companies (affectionately known as Wintel), as they are the
primary specification promoters/developers. You'll find that most other
sites will refer to those companies' white papers, etc. Organizations, such
as the Universal Plug and Play Forum (http://www.upnp.org), are promoted by
Wintel.

I suggest that you see what information AMI/Award, Phoenix and other BIOS
makers provide on their sites.

A text string search on the various search engines will turn up most of the
independent sites. But most of the informational sites will only translate
the technical information about PnP into layperson terms, essentially
annotating the original information source, i.e. Wintel. Other O/S follow
these PnP specs.

John Chin

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>