From:
Your Computer Guy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:40:18 -0800
When you pug directly into the satellite modem and get internet access what
iP address, default gateway and DNS are you given...Then swithch the cable
to the router and go to the browser and log into it and see what WAN ip and
gateway and dns you are getting. Unless you are a static IP you should have
the router set up for DHCP. Should be the same IP, default gateway and DNS.
Router should be delivering a private ip to your pc if it is also set up for
DHCP. Client (pc) should be set up for DHCP also.

I have seen where a pc is configured for static and the router is DHCP and
do not talk to each other..

Fran Lumb