From:
Andrew Berg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 13:13:54 -0500
Hi! :)

There are a few PII motherboards around that come in an AT form factor.
Just took a quick look around... There is the Tyan S1830S Tsunami AT, as
well as the Gigabyte GA-6BA... These both use Intel's BX chipset. There
is also the Asus P2E-B which uses Intel's EX chipset. M Technology's
Stallion AT-M628 is a Baby AT motherboard which uses the LX chipset.

I'm not quite sure what chipset you want / are looking... I am sure
there are many more motherboards that use the above chipsets and have a
(Baby) AT form factor that I overlooked. The motherboards above run from
about $95 (For the Asus P2E-B) - about $135 (for M Technology's Stallion
AT-M628) street.

I'm not quite sure if you have considered moving up to an ATX-form
factor case and motherboard... The cost would not be too much higher,
and might give you many more options (at least form-factor-wise) for
future motherboard upgrades.. (Please forgive my digression... Insert
$.02 here...)

Hope this helps!

Andrew Berg

Marc Montminy wrote:

> Are Pentium II motherboards made for AT class machines? It seems all I can
> find from ASUS and others is ATX PII motherboards. What do I do if I want to
> make a Pentium I AT machine into a PII?
> Thanks for the help
> Marc

                            The NOSPIN Group