Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:58:31 -0300
I do some work behind some other technicians sometimes and I carry a simple
device I  picked up that tells me 2 things:
Does the cable have continuity and second, is it a regular LAN cable or one
made specially to patch 2 PCs together, called a crossover cable.
Have your shop test your cable, the ends could have been damaged or you
might have gotten the  wrong type of cable for your job.

Howard Rubin
The Computer Doctor
Fortaleza, Brazil

RE:  Date:    Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:19:26 -0800
From:    Shakeel Ruttee <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Problem with Network

Hello

Thanks to all who have responded to my problem, it's now been
resolved. In fact, my DirectX was corrupted, so i got a new one and
everything is running fine now..

While i'm at i'm having another problem. I have two system running win
98SE which i want to network. I'm using an Ethernet Lan Card on both
machine. Any of the 2 machines can't see their peers in the Network
Neighborhood.

My Ethernet Lan Card is bounded by TCP/IP setting of 198.160.100.1 for
one and 198.160.100.2 for the second one, with a SubMask of
255.255.255.0 for both. I use Full10 Mode for one while the other one
is set to Auto. Some times i've to set both toAuto as it will not get
pass over the Windows Splash Screen and i'll have to reboot using Safe
Mode with Network...=20

Can someone give me some tips about what i'm doing wrong?

Thanking you beforehand
Shakeel
Mauritius, Indian Ocean

                     visit our download web page at: