From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:41:14 -0400
At 12:00 AM 7/11/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>>Bob Chapel wrote:
>>
>> Any recommendations for a MB in the 75.00 -85.00 range that can
>> handle the AMD K6 266 MMX nicely.

Bob:

I have been using the Shuttle HOT-569 which costs
around $85 mail order and $70 wholesale. Has the TX
chipset 3 ISA 4 PCI, 4 SIMMs 2 DIMMs, fairly well built.
I like them a little better than the FIC 2007 which cost
about $93 wholesale. I don't trust the autosensing voltage,
though. I think it goes to 300MHz.

I suggest you look at Anand's site:

   http://www.anandtech.com/socket7-awards.html

He ranks the Socket 7 boards by category and says:

Best Overall Socket-7 Motherboard
Shuttle HOT-603:
FIC PA-2007

Best Socket-7 Motherboard Based on Intel's TX Chipset
Shuttle HOT-569
ABIT AX5
FIC PT-2007
ASUS TXP4-X
Supermicro P5MMS98

Best Socket-7 Motherboard Based on Intel's HX Chipset
ABIT IT5H Revision 2.0
Megatrends HX83

Best Socket-7 Motherboard for use with the Cyrix 6x86 & Cyrix 6x86MX
MTech Mustang R534F

But I never totally trust reviewers. I disagree with his
rating on the Shuttle LX and BX chipset boards.

Regards,

John