From:
Tom Mayer SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2012 07:10:29 -0500
I have an HP laptop with Synaptics Pointing Device on the laptop and a
wireless USB Microsoft Mouse. Under Control Panel/Mouse/Synaptics is an
option which I use to automatically disable the Pointing Device when the
Mouse is in use. You might have a similar setting on your laptop.

I hope this helps.

Tom

On 5/14/2012 11:39 AM, Laurel Schmalz wrote:
> How do I turn off the annoying Elan touchpad on my Asus laptop. I have
> been to control panel and tried but it didn't work. I just want to use
> my optical mouse but the touchpad keeps making my curser jump all over
> . Appreciate any help.
> Laurel Schmalz

                     visit our download web page at
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml