Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:26:11 -0700
David,

First thanks for pointing out You're the one trying to accomplish this. Have you tried typing 'Service' on the search line from the start menu? When it shows up you can then right click and 'Pin to Start Menu' or more than likely put where ever you want it. Again, I like the speed of just typing a few letters of whatever it is I'm trying to open rather than having 2000 icons all over my desktop or task bar. Of course I do pin those that I use most frequently to the start menu but to save all that extra mouse-ing is a God send.

Here is a bonus tip also from Carl Siechert, author of Windows 7 Inside and Out.