From:
Robin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 20:23:45 -0400
Kelly --

My boyfriend has a FreePC. Here are the instructions we received when the
program was discontinued.

**Instructions for Removing Your Free-PC Resource Center**
*Be sure you have signed up with a new Internet service provider before you
do the following!*

1. Turn on your computer
2. When the red COMPAQ or blue DELL logo appears, immediately press and hold
the left SHIFT key
3. Keep holding down the key until  you see the message "WINDOWS is running
in safe mode"
4. Release the SHIFT key, and click on the OK button
5. Once the computer has completely turned on, double-click the icon "My
Computer"
6 When the "My Computer" window opens, double click the folder called
"Program Files"
7. Delete the "PC" folder by left clicking on it so that it is highlighted
and then press the "DELETE" key on the keyboard
8. Click "OK" if prompted
9. Click the "START" button on the lower left side of your screen, select
"SHUTDOWN" and restart the computer

HTH
Robin (who has been lurking for a while but thinks this is a great list --
I've learned so much)