From:
Larry Atlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:03:15 -0500
Does the manufacturer have a web site?  There may be diagrams there that
would tell you what you want to know.  Try a utility called CTBIOS to
get more info about the BIOS and chipset and possibly a URL for the
manufacturer.  Does it really matter to you whether you use the A or B
port?  If so, is there any convention to the way they are normally laid
out on the back panel (I'm assuming they are back side)?  If they are
over and under, on an ATX board (another assumption), my GUESS is that A
is on top.  Is there any way that you could test for port
identification?

> I have a new PII Procomp motherboard, and can find very little out about
> it.  Manual says "V/A VT82C691 AGP set    ISA/PCI/AGP Motherboard..   where
> can I find out more, like which USB port is A and which is B, etc..?

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org