From:
Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 20:44:02 -0400
This may not be the exact cause of you problem but try this.
On newer motherboards and 98me it is possible to put the USB ports to sleep
when not needed.
When it is time for them to be active, they won't wake up.
To fix this, go to MY COMPUTER|Properties|Device Manager|Universal Serial
Bus controllers
and click on the host controller. Once there you should see an option for
disabling "sleep" mode.

Winston