From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:20:24 -0400
Hi,

I am not familar with the Dell machines, but am familar with the memory
side of your Post.

If you are looking for pure performance and can afford the dollars, go with
the Rambus machine,
especailly if you want to do the new 533 bus cpu's.  But get the least
expensive Rambus set up you can from DELL and purchase memory upgrade in
the open market, not from Dell.

If you want to run almost as fast (10-15% off) but save a buck or two, go
with the DDR machine.
DDR machines use a translating hub that gives a slightly degraded
perfomance to Rambus
systems.  Unless your lively hood and life depends on the speed, why do you
need it?

If your not in it for the speed, DDR will be the main stay memory for the
masses as Intel drops the pc133 memory chipsets after the first of the
year.  Go with DDR and put the money that you would of spent for rambus
into extra DDR memory now.  Again, buy from Dell with lease amount of ram
available and get memory upgrade elsewhere to save dollars.

God Bless America!

Joe Lore
MicroComputerCenter, Inc.

                     visit our download web page at: