From:
"John H. Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 10:48:14 -0500
My Father's computer disconnects periodically from Internet.  In the
past somebody said that there is an initialization string that can
resolve this.  The explanation was that there was break in the carrier
signal and if you add the initialization string appropriately you can
tell the modem not to disconnect unless the the carrier signal drops out
for a longer period of time.  Does anybody know what this initialization
string is for extending this time?

Thanks!

--
John H. Miller