Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:22:44 -0800
John,

First thing is to make sure all the drivers are properly installed.
 Second, verify that your friend has call waiting.  Third, make sure
his/her ISP is using V.92 modems.  At this point, most are still using
V.90 which make the features useless.  Most V.92 modems also use a new
handshake protocal (I believe it's V.14) that reduces connect time by
almost 50%.  I switched over to V.92 and changed ISP's at the same time.
 I later switched my wifes computer to V.92.  My modems a cheap BestData
and works great.  The one I put in hers is a Zoom and it's junk.  It's
going to be replaced soon.

Art Cassel

John Loc wrote:

>A friend of mine has a new system, with Win XP Home Edition. She also has a modem V.92. I understand that this new V.92 version allowed you to be online and still able to use the phone for certain times. But I was unable to figure out how to set it features. Any help from anyone who know how to set this feature would greatly appreciate.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com